Friday 27 July 2012

A rather angsty post

I am having a bit of wobble at the moment.  Technically, I should be all smiles.  Looking for Buttons is out in the world, selling fairly steadily.  I am A Published Writer, albeit a DIY one.

But.

But but but but but.

It's said that everyone has a book in them.  What if Looking for Buttons is the only one I have?

I want to write.  It's what I do, spinning yarns when I'm not knitting them.  That's the image I've always had of myself.  But when I sit down at the keyboard I can't string a coherent sentence together.  I've re-read what exists of the Difficult Second and Third Novels.  They seem to have been written by someone else.  It's like watching Bradley Wiggins win the Tour de France.  I can ride a bike but no way could I do that.  I get the same feeling as I run my eye along the bookcase.  I've lost my writing nerve and with it part of my identity.

I hope this is just a temporary blip.

2 comments:

  1. Stiffen upper lip, brace yourself, pull up your socks, summon up the blood and pull yourself together. What you are suffering from is a case of Done it successfully once, must have been a fluke, I'll never be able to do it again. A common breakout of one type of Writer's Angst.

    Must blog about this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And a very good blog post you made of it too. :-)

    ReplyDelete