Sunday 8 July 2012

Just something I lashed up

Today I'm going to write about Fifty Shades of Grey.  I haven't read it, but everyone else seems to have an opinion so I'd better jump onto the bandwagon while it's in town.

So here's my take on the female population's sudden desire to read about being tied down while a capable man does all manner of things to them:

For the past however many years, women have been trying to Have It All.  They're knackered.  It's no wonder their ultimate fantasy is to lie down while someone else does all the work.

3 comments:

  1. You should go all out and get yourself a copy. I hang my head in shame - I did jump on the bandwagon, I'm reading Fifty Shades Grey. Currently at chapter 7 & it's just starting to get down (as it were) to the nitty-gritty. I hope you're not offended that I'm reading it alongside Looking for Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do they mix well?

    I don't think I'd be able to read it without giggling at the memory of Alistair MacLean being asked if he was going to start including sex scenes in his books. "No time for it. Gets in the way of the plot."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I couldn't take the laptop to bed with me and Mr Grey can come to bed with me anytime (although I'm not sure he does beds).

    ReplyDelete